Upcoming makeup gurus ❤
I realized that a lot of my GrimmStyle posts are focused on reviews of products. Now I’m not hating on that, I love doing reviews for you all but I thought to myself damn, I should add a little diversity here!! With that in mind I found this 30 Beauty Questions Tag on DragStripSuperStarr and I thought it looked fun! I hope you all enjoy reading as much I enjoyed answering.
- Do you remember your first makeup item
My mom did a stint as an Avon saleslady so I’m not lying when I say my first makeup item was an Avon lipstick sample! Hahahaha they were free out of my sample bag if I snuck it (winky face). Shit I was poor kids, ain’t nobody got money for that.
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I swear that I’m not super demanding. All I want is a waterproof mascara, that sends volume to the gods, and isn’t clumpy as fuck. Damn!!! As far as fining my perfect mascara…
I will say that Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is my current go to BUT Pur’s Big Look Waterproof mascara has really impressed me. I just tried it out recently and I must say I like what I see.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Say it with me… FULL COVERAGE! I love me some full coverage. I mean I’ll wear something lighter if I’m pushed for time but on the whole I prefer to slather my face in full coverage foundation. Ahhhh feels like heaven.
- Favorite high-end brand?
This is such a tough question for me I love Sugarpill but I also love Too Faced. If I really have to choose between the two I would have to go Sugarpill. Their eyeshadows and lashes are brilliant. I have never been disappointed in a product.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I really want to try Shiro Cosmetics, their nerdy chic speaks to my soul.
- Favorite Drugstore Brand?
NYX Cosmetics yo.
- Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Yes!! I use to be terrified of wearing false lashes but now I absolutely love them. I wear them whenever I get the chance and have the time.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Meh. Haha I can leave the house without makeup. I mean I have to live my life right? Sometimes I don’t have time to glam it up.
- What is your most cherished beauty product?
My Sugarpill Cold Chemistry palette, yum.
- How of do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or do you like to pick up all your goodies at once?
I usually just pick them up all at once. I go in to refill an item and end up picking up a new thing or two.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely? …. Is this a real question? YES I HAVE A BUDGET! Let me tell you kids something. My dream is to someday be so rich I can make it rain makeup and otaku goodness day after day. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop cosmetics?
If you’re on a budget you’re using all of they above darling.
- What type of product do you buy the most of?
I have an ungodly amount of liquid lipsticks. They’re my favorite.
- Is there a brand you can’t stand?
As you all know I’m not a fan of brands that tests on animals. Cruelty-free all day, everyday.
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
It’s not a necessity, just a plus. I do enough fact checking to find cruelty-free to be honest. I just don’t have the time to go through the ingredients as well. Call it laziness I guess.
- Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Hello Ulta Beauty ❤ I also love ordering things online. It’s so nice to get an actually package and not a bill for a change…
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
As far as what I do to my face that always stays the same. I mean I always use makeup remover, cleanser, moisturizer, and do different facials. I do change up the products I use everyone once in awhile. I think it’s fine to try new stuff.
- Favorite bath and body brand?
Honestly I wouldn’t say I have a favorite but I’ve been really feeling Jason products lately. Their body washes smell so lovely.
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would it be?
Too Faced their my second favorite brand and I could get all the products I would need to still do my makeup. From lipstick to foundation I’m covered (pun intended).
- What brand do you think has the best packaging?
You know I really do enjoy opening up my Sugarpill packages. I feel like they really put a lot of effort into their presentation.
- Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Adore Delano. Her style is everything.
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Meh. Not many. I wash my hair, put on some heat resistant spray, and that’s it.
- Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
GrimmGirl is my community. Hi Grimms.
- Are you clumsy when putting on makeup?
Not really. I usually don’t glam up unless I know I have the time to do it. So don’t every go in feeling really rushed. Anytime I do try to put something together face-wise when I’m rushed my face comes out horribly. It feels very clumsy then.
- Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Not usually unless I’m doing some sort of an event that requires it to really pop over a course of hours. Like if I’m doing a photo shoot with my sister or I’m in a wedding or something!
- Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Meh. Nope. I’ve never really found a multifunctional product that I enjoy. If you have any products like this that you swear by comment below and I’ll check them out.
- 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
In no particular order, just five I really like, Manny MUA, ReeRee Phillips, Patrick Star, Nikki Tutorials, and Shrinkle.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I always apply my concealer over my foundation. I mean I feel like it’s all in the name. Foundation is what you build your house on, you know what I mean? So foundation is what you build your face on. That’s just my opinion though everyone does it different. How do you do you do yours?
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes! Right now I’m completely self-taught but there is much to learn and I would love to take some classes.
- What do you love about makeup?
I just love the self expression makeup can bring. I really enjoy all of the different things you can do with makeup. Talented artists can create entire different characters. It’s really beautiful to me.
I hope you enjoyed this 30 Beauty Questions tag. This was a lot of fun to do and I look forward to doing more posts like this in the future. Let me know some of your answers in the comment the section below.