I feel like I’m adding a lot of new content to GrimmGirl lately and I’m really happy about it! The point of this new blog series is to show that we can create fun makeup looks and still be cruelty-free. The cruelty-free industry is growing but I think it could become a lot bigger and the way to do that is to support the industry.
Sadly major makeup companies aren’t going to change their ways unless consumers stop supporting them. My hope is that by seeing different makeup looks and being exposed to new cruelty-free companies will encourage people to support these companies. These companies prove that animal testing is unnecessary in the makeup industry. If these companies can create entire makeup lines that are safe for humans while staying cruelty-free any company can. So I hope you will all enjoy this first look and will look forward to the next one!
So here’s how these posts will work. I will basically breakdown exactly what makeup I used for each part of my face starting with my foundation and ending with my lips J I enjoyed this makeup look because it makes me feel like summer is on it’s way. I live in the Midwest so winters are long as fuck. Seeing the pink and green paired for this look makes me almost forget about the long months spent indoors thanks to frigid temperatures… almost.
So without further ado let’s get cracking!
In order to get that healthy unblemished look to my skin I actually five important products that I use.
- First I use my NYX Cosmetics CC Cream in Peach along with my NYX Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer in their Medium shade. I just started using their Dark Circle Concealer so I think I might be a smidge off on my color choice but it still works really well.
- Next I use my NXY Cosmetics BB Cream in their Golden shade.
- These products used together work as my primer. After that I like to go over any blemishes with my NYX Cosmetics Mineral Stick Foundation in Golden Beige. This just helps to make sure that everything looks even in the end.
- Finally, I finish off with my Born this Way Foundation in Vanilla from Too Faced Cosmetics. This creates a perfect base for my contour and bronzer.
Once I’m finished with my foundation I like to go straight into my contour/highlight/bronzer.
- For my contour/Highlight I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Kit in Light to Medium. I’m in love with this Contour Kit and I swear one of these days I will do a proper review.
- My bronzer choice should be no surprise to you if you read my Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer It is of course my wonderful Too Faced Cosmetics Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer which I’m obsessed with.
After my face is complete I like to start with my eyebrows and eyes.
- My eyebrows are once again brought to you by Anastasia Beverly Hills. This company is known for being eyebrow experts in the industry so this probably isn’t a surprise to many makeup lovers that their Brow Wiz eye pencil is my go to. I like to use it in Granite along with their Brow Powder Duo in the same shade.
- I love the eye shadow in this look and created it with one of my favorite eye shadow palettes Too Faced Cosmetics Peach Palette. You might remember me raving about it in my Just Peachy I used Nectar as my base, Bless Her Heart for my crease and under eye, I also used Caramelized for the center of my eye as well as using it to blend upwards for a slightly more dramatic look.
- My eyeliner might surprise you. I used Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in Weirdo. If you don’t remember from my Celebrity Skin review Jeffree’s lipsticks are all vegan so they are safe to use as an eyeliner!
- When it comes to lashes you can’t go wrong with Sugarpill Cosmetics. I’m in love with their Lullabye lashes!
- I also used my Better Than Sex mascara from Too Faced Cosmetics on my bottom lashes.
- Alllmost done. You might notice in this picture a slight ombre tone to my lips. I’m obsessed with ombre lips! So of course I would do it for my first Cruelty-Free Makeup Look post. To achieve this I used Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in Dollparts for the base and Too Faced Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Bachelorette. I very rarely use a lip liner when using Jeffree’s products unless I’m looking to create a certain shade/look. His lipsticks stay put all on their own.
Finishing the Look
- To seal everything up I use NYX Cosmetics HD Finishing Powder in Mint Green. I have a tendency look a little red sometimes so this finishing powder solves that problem and helps my makeup stay put!
There you have it everyone! A completely cruelty-free makeup look brought to you by the following companies! Click on their names to browse their websites if you saw anything you liked!
I hope you enjoyed this post 🙂 Comment below with any questions or thoughts and look forward to next weeks Cruelty-Free Look of the Week! I’m going to be a bridesmaid this weekend and I plan on taking some pictures of my wedding look.